Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Vanessa Carlton RevealsHeartbreaking Health Scare,Ectopic Pregnancy After CanceledTour Dates

Fans of Vanessa Carlton were no

doubt disappointed when the singer

had to unexpectedly cancel several

dates on her fall tour. But it turns out

that there's a good -- albeit sad --

explanation for the interruption. In a

new post on her official website,http://adf.ly/YsSAX the

star reveals she recently suffered a

heartbreaking health scare.

"I announced that I was pregnant

during the first week of tour. The day

after our NYC show on Oct. 15th, I was

diagnosed with an ectopic pregnancy,

or in my case it was a fallopian

pregnancy (the embryo settled in my

tube, which is the width of a straw),"

she says in the post. "This is not

considered a viable pregnancy because

the fetus cannot develop, and it is a

high-risk situation for the mother

because of the potential for tubal

rupture and internal bleeding."

No comments:

Post a Comment